Thursday, June 16, 2016

Anywhere in the World

A few weeks ago in Flipt, we asked the kiddos if they could go anywhere in the world where would the go and why. Then we voted on the best answer and the trip we’d all take together.
The winner?
They wanted to go to Africa and tell people about Jesus.


I’m a few hours away from my 6th trip across the ocean. I’m giddy with excitement, slightly nervous about the plane flight and hopeful that the weather will cooperate.  This week has been filled with late packing nights, hurried notes about things to not pack and text messages about what we should take for the rain. Phones charging for a 20 hour flight, out of office emails written, countdowns nearing completion.

Amidst all the hustle and bustle of getting ready, I have to remind myself to pause. To pray. To remember the most important thing isn’t whether or not I’ve packed the right SPF sunscreen or if we have pan flutes enough… the most important thing is Jesus. Sharing Him, Showing His love, remembering His sacrifice and the incredible gift He gave.

I’ve been ridiculously blessed… I still can’t believe I get to live this life. I love you all so much. I’m off to take a trip to the proven best place to travel in the world and be a small part of what God is doing there.

3 comments:

mommaavila said...

I adore you! May you encounter more of Gods love and peace then you could ever imagine!

Anna Lisa said...

yay!! go Besty!

Anna Lisa said...

...go Betsy!